Thursday, October 05, 2006

Insomnia Sucks

There should be a way to incorporate a recording device of some kind into your brain, just as you fall asleep. It seems that the best ideas I have are either at this time, or when in the bathroom, far away from anything on which I can write them down. If only we had a "Print Screen" of sorts in our brain, it would make things so much better.

For example, the last three or four days I have had difficulty sleeping. I come up with these plans or ideas in my head, trying to work through them. I end up getting confused, only to have one of those "holy crap" ideas just as I'm falling asleep. In my semi-conscious state, I am certain that I will remember it in the morning when I wake up, only to be disappointed by remembering that I was to remember something and spending the rest of the day trying to figure out what that was. I hope that made sense, it did to me anyway.

The same seems to hold true when taking care of business in the bathroom. There is a moment of revelation, only to be followed by the realization that it has been forgotten. It's driving me crazy and I can only attribute it to the insomnia and half-awake state I seem to be in lately. So instead of sleeping, I'm sitting here at the computer, exhausted and about ready to fall asleep. And when I go to bed, I will lay there, imagining the next big idea, only to have it disappear into the ether. It's like I'm being punished for something.

I'm holding out for the whole consciousness print screen key thing. My luck, there won't be enough space on the drive to store it.

Idea Save Failed!
Abort, Retry, Cancel

No comments: